Feb 27, 2008

Jo-Jo

I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the passing of Jo-Jo. We were delighted to have him come and play this season and were sadden by the news of his premature death. Chip and I spent a half hour after practice with him Monday evening and told him he would be playing on the Junior Varsity squad this season. He was so excited for the opportunity to play and be a part of the team. He was most excited about getting to wear the Southridge uniform and representing his school. I only got to watch Jo-Jo that first day of practice and I can tell you that he was a hard worker, loyal, dedicated, outgoing, friendly and most importantly he was a very good person. We can learn so many lessons in life by looking at the type of person he was. If everybody has just a few of the many endearing traits that Jo-Jo possessed we will all be better people. We’ll miss you Jo-Jo.

Jovan Jo-Jo Conn 1987-2008

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have just now discovered this website and you have no idea what this has done for me. It has been a little over a year since I lost my nephew and daily I am thinking of him. I so much appreciate your words towards Jo Jo, because you have described him exactly as who he was. It is my prayer that know one forget him and know that he was Gods encourager to the people. Thank You for what you have shared it has completely blessed me.